- September 19, 2017 - Indiana Association of Resources and Child Advocacy (IARCA) 73rd Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN
- July 11, 2016 - 30th Annual Family Focused Treatment Association (FFTA), New Orleans, LA
- July 20, 2014 - 28th Annual Family Focused Treatment Association (FFTA), Lake Buena Vista, FL
September 9, 2011
SCAN, Inc., (Stop Child Abuse and Neglect) announced today the founding of the Joan Sherman Program for Resilient Children, thanks to a $534,930 donation from former SCAN volunteer and board member Joan Sherman. A former Fort Wayne resident, Sherman now lives in the New York City area.
Sherman’s gift, which will be donated over 5 years, is the largest private donation SCAN has received in its 37-year history.
Click here to read the full press release.
- September 9, 2011 - Former Waterfield exec makes largest single gift to SCAN
- April 18, 2014 - Devereux Center for Resilient Children, Joan Sherman Program Shows Promise
Click here to read abstract.
Gabriel Tobin Smith, Valerie B. Shapiro, Rachel Wagner Sperry & Paul A. LeBuffe (2014) A Strengths-based Approach to Supervised Visitation in Child Welfare, Child Care in Practice, 20:1, 98-119, DOI: 10.1080/13575279.2013.847056